Wednesday, December 2, 2015

CE 3.3

1. Mark Zuckerberg described their goals as “advancing human potential and promoting equality.” 
2. The state is adding $130 million in spending for Pre-K on small class sizes, teacher training, and full day schooling. 
3. The newest downtown condo project, the Independent, will be 58 stories, and it is significant because it will be the tallest building in Austin. 
4. David Price will make $217 million in the next seven years. 
5. Yes, I would like to try Texas Trash. 
Short Answer: 
Homeboy Industries is a company that helps ex gang members and people who have been released from jail to find work and have a second chance in society. I thought the story was interesting and compelling. It made me think about the struggles they must go through to reenter society. They're probably judged a lot harder than any other employees. I think the interns sent by Homeboy would work hard to prove they've earned the opportunity allotted to them. I believe in second chances, and I think it is good that Homeboy helps people who want to change their lives find careers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment