Thursday, February 4, 2016

Portraits and Self Portraits

Tips

1. Change the Format Framing-Just because a vertical framing is called ‘portrait’ mode doesn’t mean you always need to use it when shooting portraits. Mix your framing up in each shoot that you do and you’ll add variety to the type of shots you take.

2. Experiment with Subject Expressions-In some portraits it is the expression on the face of your subject that makes the image. Get your subject to experiment with different moods and emotions in your image. Play with extreme emotions. 

Environmental Portrait
I like how the woman and the rock she is sitting on stand out, but you can still clearly see the nature behind her. I also think her expression added a lot to the picture.

Photography Self Portrait
I like how his face really fills the frame, and his expression and the black and white color scheme come together to make a very dramatic and visually appealing photo. 

Casual Portrait
I really like how natural and pretty this photo is, and her expression seems genuine. It definitely looks like she wasn't being forced to smile for a picture. 

1. Environmental portraits incorporate what the world is like around the subject, whether its nature, their city, or even their work environment. 
2. Environmental portraits incorporate more of the background and look like they have very precise expressions. Casual portraits are closer to the subject, and they look like they are capturing a casual moment. 
3. I will need to take photos close to the subject so they are the center of attention, and play around with different angles and backgrounds to take a really creative photo.
4. I want to try to do a portrait from bird's eye view with a subject laying on the ground. I think I'll have my friend McKenna be in my portrait. I want to try to incorporate props into photos, and I want to do mirror self portrait. 





No comments:

Post a Comment