Tuesday, April 5, 2016

CE 5.3

Current Events Quiz

1. AISD and the City of Austin are working together to increase the funding used toward education. A proposed idea is to introduce a limited tax swap, where certain educational services would be city funded, and the district would pay less to the state.
2. It will 8 take years for California and NYC to raise the minimum wage to $15.
3. Villanova won the NCAA Men's Basketball tournament last night with a score of 77-74.
4. I want to visit India because there is so much culture, and I have never been to that part of the world.
5. I don't like the idea of Instagram expanding videos because I use Instagram to scroll through pictures and read messages just to get an idea of what everyone is up to.

Short Answer:
The major Democratic candidates in the race are Hilary Clinton and Bernie Sanders, and the major Republican candidates are Donald Trump and Ted Cruz. I was supporting Marco Rubio, but currently I am not supporting any candidates. I'm not supporting anyone because I agree with every candidate on certain issues, but I don't share major ideals with any of the current candidates. I think the country will become more divided after this election. There are so many contrasting ideas that large groups of people will be upset no matter who wins. I am concerned with economic issues, especially if Bernie Sanders gets elected. I'm slightly worried my Mexican boyfriend will get deported if Trump gets elected, even though he is a legal resident and almost a citizen. The big topics are immigration, terrorism, and wage gaps. The issue of terrorism is really important to me because it is a major issue and threatens the wellbeing of many lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment