Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Writing Prompt

Write about nature. hard drive stapler phone car billboard 

I burst into the forrest. Among the green and growing to escape the ills of office life. I come to find peace from the bustle and noise of my work a day life. Only to learn that nature has more commotion and productivity than any cubicle has ever seen. Why, this forrest is not but the busiest office I've ever seen. The constant birds calling the mindless phone chatter I tried to evade. The trees a hard drive where squirrels hide those of importance. The woodpeckers copy the repetitive stapler tapping that so often made me wish to jump out the ten story window. Ants march one by one in the horrid commute my car and I too must endure. The tree sap is the flavorless black coffee that offends my taste buds each morning come. The leaves are billboards advertising the best new place to dine for insects and critters. In their branches lies the many offices that so plague the world with charts and data and countless hours of analysis. The grass lines the ground as the out of date shag carpeting my superior insists on decorating the rooms with. The acorns are the constantly  dropped push pins that far to often find their way into my leather sole. The fox is my heartless boss keeping everyone in line. The sloth sleeps during all waking hours as my lazy coworker who rarely bothers to show up. The mockingbird is our gossipy receptionist always spewing hot air. The dear are the boring accounting department that don't find humor in anything besides numbers and decimal points. The sneaky snake is the underhanded government taking such large amounts of my insufficient salary. The cool breeze is the frigid air that always chills the back of my neck due to the broken thermostat. The crickets chirp on and on by the water cooler about the latest shenanigans of Jerry and George. The bunny is that annoying intern that always traps me into conversation. And the mushroom, how I hate the mushroom, the guy always stealing my lunch out of the community fridge. I came here to find serenity and quiet, but this represents everything I've grown to hate. This forrest is no different from my office at all. And with this new found knowledge of nature I rushed back to the concrete jungle, where they pay me to put up with such trespasses. 

No comments:

Post a Comment