Wednesday, March 2, 2016

CE 5.1

1. For the Democrats, Hilary Clinton is at 68% in Texas, and Bernie Sanders is at 31%. For the Republicans, Ted Cruz is at 41% in Texas, and Donald Trump is at 28%.
2. Six hundred students would benefit from the couple's donation.
3. Savara Pharmaceuticals will use their $20 million to fund the trials of an inhalable drug for cystic fibrosis patients.
4. I would be interested in watching, "The Teller and the Truth."
5. The Baylor women's basketball team beat the UT women's team 74-48. The Kansas men's basketball team beat the UT men's team 67-37.
6. I do not think Apple should be forced to create a backdoor for information stored in consumers' iPhones. I think it is a severe violation of privacy, and though it can be justified to look at a criminal suspects data, this treats every iPhone owner as a criminal. I think a more fair method would be if there is a suspect, the FBI must request access from Apple for that individuals information. Also, if there is a backdoor, there is a chance more than the FBI will access it. I don't have anything to hide, but I would not be okay with someone else seeing my private information. National security is not a justified enough reason to compromise every innocent individual's privacy. My parents don't monitor my phone, but they follow me on social media. I don't think parents should monitor their child's phone, unless the child has done something to compromise their trust. I think about 5th or 6th grade is a good age to expose them to phones because they are getting older and will soon be going out into the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment