Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Front Pages of the World

1. My favorite newspaper front page was The New Indian Express. I like how the text was clear and legible with a moderately large headline, but not a huge one. I also liked how the text outweighed the images, but the images were images and political cartoons that went well with the story. It makes it so the reader can understand what's going on quickly.
2. My favorite headline is "House Falls as AIADMK Guns for Chidambaram, Karti." I like how it shows the story will be about political turmoil, and I also like how the story itself is broken into categories to further simplify the story they communicate.
3. There are three main stories, and then also three small "continued on..." stories on my favorite newspaper cover.
4. The newspapers all had headlines that were at least 3x the size of the normal text. They all seemed to have pictures and text, with most being more heavily text based.
5. Some differences were that a lot more of the Asian newspapers have advertisements on the front. Most of the American newspapers I've seen use the back for advertisements. Another difference is that some of the styles went for a poster cover type look with a very large picture and a headline, but very little other words. Many parts of U.S. and Europe were more based on taken photographs, while Asian and African magazines use more computer generated graphs and political cartoons to convey information.

No comments:

Post a Comment